by Edward S., Ph.D. Kubany, Mari A. McCaig, Janet R. Laconsay
Women who have been physically or emotionally abused by their husbands, boyfriends, or other intimate partners often experience symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.
This New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook uses a clinically proven set of techniques called cognitive trauma therapy (CTT), the exercises in this workbook will help you address feelings of guilt, anger, depression, anxiety, and stress.
The program begins and ends with techniques for becoming your own best advocate—an informed, confident person with all the strength you need to create the secure, fulfilling life you deserve.
- Recognize the effects of trauma on your life
- Let go of anger, stress, shame, and guilt
- Change core beliefs that can lead to involvement in abusive relationships
- Confront and overcome your fears
- Dispel feelings of helplessness
- Avoid future involvement with potential abusers